Our Aim at Pear Tree is to raise the aspirations of, and expectations for all pupils with SEND. Our school provides a focus on outcomes for pupils to ensure they achieve their potential, become confident individuals living fulfilling lives and make a successful to High school and into adulthood.
- That opportunities are provided for every pupil to experience success and to develop an open mind set to learning.
- To accurately identify and provide for pupils who have special educational needs or disability or additional needs.
- To work within the guidance provide in the SEND Code of Practice, 2014
- To provide a Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) who will work with the SEN Policy
- To provide support and advice for all staff working with special educational needs pupils.
- Involve parents/carers in planning and supporting at all stages of their pupil’s development
- To ensure all pupils, whatever their special educational need or disability, receive appropriate educational provision through a broad, balanced curriculum that is appropriately differentiated.
- To ensure that pupils with SEN have a voice and are given opportunities to express an opinion and that opinion will be taken into account in any matters affecting them
- To ensure staff and governors are accountable for the SEN Policy being implemented and maintained
- Use the ‘assess, plan, do, review’ method to identify and monitor pupil’s progress and needs
Downloads: Our Local Offer - here